Home Home About Me Shop Contact Pinterest Instagram FB TPT

LET'S PLAY SHIPWRECK: First Grade Review Math Game on Google Slides

When I complete a math unit with my students, we always play some sort of a review game before taking the post-assessment. One of my absolute favorite games to play with my students is SHIPWRECK. To play, divide the class into two "ships" (teams). Students can sit on their desks to make them feel like they are aboard a ship! I present a question to each ship. Students are given a couple of minutes to answer the question, then I call on someone to answer. If they get it right, they can SINK someone from the other ship to the lifeboat or SAVE someone from their own team that's in the lifeboat. The object of the game is to have the most people on your ship at the end.

Students LOVE this game. They chant and cheer anytime I say we're playing it. I have created this SHIPWRECK ADDITION TO 20 FREEBIE for you to incorporate into your classroom! I am working on creating more topics as well. If you'd like to view some other shipwreck games, you can view them HERE

This game is a crowd favorite in my classroom and I know it will be for yours too! 









No comments:

Post a Comment