Home Home About Me Shop Contact Pinterest Instagram FB TPT

One Math Problem a Day!


A few years ago, I had the pleasure of attending a math focused professional development put on by Greg Tang. If you don't know about Greg Tang, he is a math genius and specializes in teaching teachers how to teach math effectively. Greg Tang taught us a ton that day, but something that really stuck with me was his lesson on math story problems. He spoke about how completing 1-2 math word problems each day will have remarkable results for students. I took his advice to heart, and began implementing one problem a day (that at the time I just made up as I went along ðŸ¤ª) for my first graders. The results were AMAZING. Kids were solving harder problems each day. They were able to discuss, elaborate and make judgements about math. This was when I decided that more teachers needed access to at least one math problem a day for their students.

I have created several products in my TPT Store which includes a spiral of daily math word problems for August to May for students K-3rd Grade. Each month, a new type of problem is introduced to students while also reviewing the previously taught types. The types include: 
  • Add to (result unknown)
  • Take from (result unknown)
  • Add to (change unknown)
  • Take from (change unknown)
  • Add to (start unknown)
  • Take from (start unknown)
  • Compare more (difference unknown)
  • Compare fewer (difference unknown)
  • Compare more/fewer (random unknown)
  • Review of all types
I have created 3 sets of these spiraling one math problem a day bundles! Content I have covered so far includes: Addition and Subtraction to 20Addition and Subtraction to 100 and Addition and Subtraction to 1,000

Each set can be purchased as a bundle or individually for each month!

Completing one math problem a day for my students rendered remarkable, fast results for me. I hope they can do the same for you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment